Trusted California Intellectual Property Attorneys Advise Businesses
Experienced San Francisco lawyers navigate patent and copyright issues
Whether you are a tech entrepreneur, a small business owner, an amateur inventor or an artist, you can seek legal protections for the original qualities that distinguish your product from the competition. At the San Francisco law office of King & Kelleher, LLP, we assist businesses throughout the Bay Area and Silicon Valley with patents, copyrights and trademarks. As a boutique firm dedicated exclusively to the practice of intellectual property law, we offer effective legal guidance at a reasonable fee and enact aggressive litigation strategies when intellectual property disputes arise.
Focused Silicon Valley advocates work to protect new inventions and ideas
We possess in-depth understanding of the IP laws and past court cases relevant to industries ranging from technology to agriculture. Our attorneys are:
- Respected — In obtaining positive results for so many clients, our law firm has gained a reputation for success. Attorney Edward Vincent King, Jr. has earned an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® for his high ethical standards and professional ability.
- Hardworking — Our lawyers are driven and committed. We aim for efficient, cost-effective solutions that help our clients grow their companies in the ways that work for them.
- Knowledgeable — By maintaining our focus on intellectual property law, we are able to address client questions with confidence. We keep up with changes in the law and constantly strive to improve our services.
Our goal is to safeguard your ideas and to prevent others from unjustly profiting off your hard work.
Determined Bay Area lawyers litigate intellectual property disputes
At the state and federal levels, different types of protection are available for different types of intellectual property. Our law firm helps clients to obtain and litigate:
- Patents — A patent holder gains the right to exclude others from making, using, offering for sale, selling or importing the patented item. We handle patent infringement cases to help clients protect patented designs, inventions and plants.
- Copyrights — A copyright can protect an original work of authorship, such as a manuscript or art piece. The author has the exclusive right to reproduce, publicly perform or display, prepare derivations, and distribute copies of the copyrighted work. We represent authors in copyright infringement lawsuits.
- Trademarks — A word, name, symbol or device used to brand a product or service can be protected with a trademark. Others cannot legally use the trademarked asset or something confusingly similar to market their own products. We represent clients in trademark infringement actions.
- Trade secrets — A confidential formula, algorithm or other information that gives your business a competitive edge may be considered a trade secret. Trade secrets are protected by state and federal laws.
Patents and intellectual property law are sensitive, complex subjects. We possess decades of experience helping to establish legal protections for our clients’ products and to enforce them through skilled litigation.
Contact results-oriented San Francisco intellectual property lawyers today
Since 1983, our attorneys at King & Kelleher, LLP in San Francisco, California have practiced intellectual property law throughout the Bay Area. We are conveniently located downtown, in the Financial District. To schedule a meeting with one of our experienced attorneys, call 415-781-2888 or contact us online.